Forsaken World – Pets Guide

User Score
(7 votes)
Click to vote
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 8.9/10 (7 votes cast)

Pets Guide

A very important feature in FW is the pet system. Some games have pets only for show but here they are quite important.

From lvl 10 you can start a quest to obtain your first pet. (Basic Pets Guide coming soon)
Each pet has a default name but you can change it at the Pet Dealer
Considering that you are already lvl 30 I will try to explain the pet system in FW.
You can use two skills to obtain a pet
Basic Soul Catching – From lvl 30. With this you can capture only Wind Puppets, Scarabs and Khonem.
capturepets1
Advanced Soul Catching – You need to learn the job Tamer at lvl 35
capturepets2
Only some mobs can be captured, those that have “Leak a soul”
capturepets3
After you killed a mob there is a change that a soul will leak and you need to capture it. The two skills above consume energy so you can catch a limited number of souls per day. Catching a soul will result in an egg which can come in four different colors.

Grey – common eggs, low rating, incubation time 5-9 minutes
capturepets4
Green – fair rating, incubation time 10-29 minutes
capturepets5
Blue – high rating, incubation time 30-59 minutes
capturepets6
Violet – I didnt see one yet , incubation time over 60 minutes

Eggs need to put in an incubator. Rating, talents and mastery vary depending on the incubation time. Right click on the egg to put it inside the incubator. If u change realm or go offline the incubation time will reset.

Each egg receive 0-4 talents for Health, Mana, Attack and Defense. The talents influence the pet’s stats and rating. You also randomly receive 0-2 strong features and 0-2 weak features.
Different pets eat different types of food. You can buy it from the Pet Dealer. Also you can not call a pet if he is hungry ( Gorge needs to be over 50% )
Depending on pet’s race we have different stats. Growth Rate represents how much will the pet gain on that feature when he levels up. This is very important because small differences will count a lot at high levels.
For example, my pet has 20.37 Attack Growth Rate. This means that at lvl 10 he will have (10X20.37)= 203 Attack.
capturepets7

Each pet has an default skill. There are 8 squares for skills. You can add new skills but with the risk of losing an old one. It happened to be only once. Adding skills can activate one of the 4 inactive skills in the squares with “?” but only using blue or violet scrolls.
capturepets8

Hicks – Pet Trainer
pet1

From this NPC you can improve your pet.
Pet Academy – add new skills. scrolls can be obtained from Creekbank Valey
pet2

Pet Combine – you can combine pets. The main goal of this is to obtain a pet with better talents. In the first box you will put the main pet and in the second box the material pet. If the second one has better or equal talent that the first one, combining them will result in transferring the talents to the main pet. Attention , the second pet will be consumed. This process has a chance to fail, reducing pet’s rating with an small amount. Combining pet costs only 1 soul silver so it is cheat and worthy. Also if pet hunting is a hobby for you then you will end up with a lot of useless souls in you inventory. Pet Combine is a way to make some use of them.
pet3

Pet Essence Refinement – U will obtain a Pet Essence from a lvl 35 pet. Using that essence while u have a pet summoned will give it a large amount of xp. Refinement consumes the pet.
pet4

Pet Interaction – You can interact with your pet. It is not only for fun, it will raise you pet’s resistances and attack.
pet5

Self-Healing – validate Open Self-protection , put the potions there and keep your pet safe. You should put the potions in your bar too because it doesnt work all the time.
pet6

Combat stance – Set the pet’s behavior.
Attack – if he doesnt have a target it will attack your target
Defend – if he doesnt have a target it will attack the mobs that attack you
Idle – doesnt attack anything
As advice, keep the pet on Defense inside instances to prevent casual mob pulls.
pet7

Lvling Pets
Best way to lvl up pets in is Creekbank Valey and God’s Trail, where they get the largest amount of xp.
Also in Creekbank Valey you can farm pet souls and get skill scrolls from raids.
When the rb in CV dies there is a change to leak a soul, witch has a chance to be blue. Be quick to capture it.
If you are a tamer you can get massive xp for your pet if you do the daily quest Taming: A Healthy Diet from Wind Dancer (he is in Freedom Harbor, Alameda Park).At lvl 41 I started the quest with a lvl 1 pet and after I finished the pet was lvl 33.

Need to test :
Pet cant have the lvl higher that the master.
My pet stopped at 36 (36 and 100%xp) when I was 36 and started gaining xp when I turned 37.

I wait for questions and completions.

Forsaken World - Pets Guide, 8.9 out of 10 based on 7 ratings
  • capturepets8
  • capturepets1
  • capturepets2
  • capturepets3
  • capturepets4
  • capturepets5
  • capturepets6
  • capturepets7
  • pet7
  • pet1
  • pet2
  • pet3
  • pet4
  • pet5
  • pet6
Anubis

"You'll find many things have changed, since my return."

12 Comments

1. Mentalica
    January 27, 2012, 5:30 am

Hi Your guide is very informative and thankyou for putting it online. I have one query. I have the two pets wolf and turtle but now have captured some weak ones to “practice with” . I can’t for the life of me work out how to take the two pets down from the desktop icon (when both pets are recalled). It’s likely a totally simple thing but I can’t find. I hope you can help.
    Cheers
    Linda

VA:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
    0 people found this helpful
    Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  2. Rhasmus
    January 27, 2012, 1:42 pm

Hi Linda.
    Go to the pet list (Hot Key P), select the pet and click “Stow”. You will find it in your inventory.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Rhasmus

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  3. nickolas
    January 29, 2012, 4:37 am

where is the most likely spot to farm souls at lvl 68 but the souls don’t obliterate you

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  4. nickolas
    January 29, 2012, 5:35 am

when are you mostly on?

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  5. Rhasmus
    January 29, 2012, 8:27 pm

As far as I know the only places you can farm level 68 – 70 pets is in Creekbank and Sleeping Jungle
    Good luck :P

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  6. Mollee
    February 7, 2012, 9:29 am

depends on what class your are.but at lv68, i’d recommend jungle jaguars you can find them just north of Bloodskull Camp

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  7. Serena
    May 14, 2012, 11:57 pm

Hi, I’m new to Forsaken World and was wondering how people make their pets look like souls (blue/see through). Is it some sort of level of soul catching or something? (btw I already have the advanced soul catching)

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  8. Rhasmus
    May 15, 2012, 5:50 pm

The nice ghostly blue pets require a blue stone or high incubation time. And they need to be caught not bought as far as I know it. High incubation time means 31 minutes or more. If u manage to have a 60+ minutes then you get a purple pet but that’s only an urban myth.

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  9. Alundra
    May 25, 2012, 11:14 am

hello, is it possible that my green soulstone will hatch into blue pet? thx.

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  10. Anubis
    May 25, 2012, 4:27 pm

Yes it`s possible but the incubation period must be between 30 – 59 min.

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  11. jeselin
    July 31, 2012, 7:12 am

Also, you might like to add the actual numbers from tamer daily, level 2 gives 25 mil, level 3 gives 60 mil, level 5 is 170(I’m not sure about 4, getting it tomorrow) and there’s a level 6 that I can only assume gives around 250mil.

Outdoor pets can only get a talent level of up to 3, and it’s rare, and also there’s pets in dusk town instance that have evasion and accuracy talents on them from the get go, also up to level 3.

Also important to note, lionheart scroll increases the experience your pet gets in creekbank valley/IP

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No
  12. minirace
    August 11, 2012, 2:21 am

Hi I have just reached lvl 2 tamer and i thaught that i could catch griffins and neightmairs but i can’t what do i need for them and what are my possebiletys at this moment Im lvl 47 atm

Was this review helpful?
    Yes
    No

Leave a Reply