Lineage 2 – High Five Hunting Zones Updates
Lineage 2 High Five - Hunting Zones – Preliminary Patch Notes.Please remember, these are not the final patch notes, and they have not been fully tested and confirmed yet. There will likely be changes when the update goes to live servers.
“We can proudly say that this High Five update is more of a course of preparation to take “Lineage II” to the next level through improved communication with Lineage II players, unlike previous episode-type updates related to Chaotic Throne. While this update does not include an overhaul of new continents or game systems, many of the issues which were frequently mentioned and pointed out by the players for improvements have been considered and updated accordingly. We believe this High Five update will be the start of new improvements. Let’s get right to the details of the High-Five update.”
1. High-Five Hunting Zones
A. High Five Revamped Hunting Zones
Antharas’ Lair and Dragon Valley have been pleasantly revamped. The soldiers of Aden have collected the Cursed Bones of Watchman that died miserably in the valley of the Land Dragon Antharas.Because of this, the Blood Curse effects fewer undead monsters, and the number of soldiers taking aim at Antharas has increased. In response, Antharas has summoned additional ferocious monsters near its nest to keep those infiltrators in check.
Players can teleport to a zone where Separated Soul NPCs are found through their help. They are found in a designated area of Hunter’s Village, Dragon Valley, and Antharas’ Lair.
Antharas‘ Will can be obtained from the Raid Boss monsters in Antharas’ Lair. A Sealed Blood Crystal can be obtained from the raid boss monster in Dragon Valley. Bring these to a Separated Soul to obtain an Antharas Blood Crystal through item synthesis.
During an Antharas Raid, the Antharas Blood Crystal can resurrect dead allies and fully restore their XP. (Applicable only during Antharas Raid)
When teleporting out of Antharas’ Lair or Dragon Valley, the teleport drop-off location is Hunter’s Village.
B. High Five Antharas’ Lair
- Recommended Level: 85
- Zone Type: Party
- Some geographical features inside the Antharas’ Lair zone have changed, and new monsters have been added.
- Antharas’ Lair has Raid Bosses which include Drake Lord, Dragon Beast, and Behemoth Leader.
- Quests related to Antharas’ Lair can be obtained from Separated Soul NPC.
- Beware: the new and fearsome monster Knorix may show up during raids and patrol inside Antharas’ Lair..
- If a spoil attack lands successfully on certain monsters in Antharas’ Lair, there is a random possibility of receiving a Vitality Recovery Effect buff.
C. Hugh-Five Dragon Valley
- Recommended Level: 80 to 85
- Zone Type: Solo and Party
- Form a party of various classes and strike-party-type monsters to gain buffs beneficial for hunting.
- Certain raid boss monsters can be summoned if the item ‘Large Dragon Bone’ is obtained from the party-type-hunting zone. Use the item on a Dragon Vortex found in four places inside Dragon Valley to summon and hunt the following Raid BossMonsters:
- Emerald Horn
- Bleeding Fly
- Black Dagger Wing
- Shadow Summoner
- Spike Slasher
- Muscle Bomber
- Dust Rider
- Beware: earthquake can strike Dragon Valley at random times and locations, where special monsters show up in groups.
- Some of the monsters in Dragon Valley have been moved to Watcher’s Tomb.
- You can randomly obtain either MP Herbs or Vitality Recovery Effect buff if a Spoil attack lands successfully on a party-type monster.
- Buff level 1: The strong morale of the fearless that have infiltrated Dragon Valley has increased Paralysis/Bleed/Poison/Stun Resistance by 50, Critical Rate by 10%, and Critical Power by 10%.
- Buff level 2: The strong morale of the fearless that have infiltrated Dragon Valley has increased Paralysis/Bleed/Poison/Stun Resistance by 80, Critical Rate by 30%, Critical Power by 15%, P.Atk. by 15%, and M.Atk. by 15%.
- Buff level 3: The strong morale of the fearless that have infiltrated Dragon Valley has increased Paralysis/Bleed/Poison/Stun Resistance by 90, Critical Rate by 50%, Critical Power by 20%, P.Atk. by 15%, M.Atk. by 15%, Atk.Spd. by 15%, Casting Speed by 15%, and XP by 20%.
D. High Five Changes to existing Hunting Zones
- Tower of Insolence:
- Some of the monsters in the Tower of Insolence can no longer use skills for Stun effect.
- You can gain more XP by hunting monsters in the Tower of Insolence.
- You can interact with the Dimension Vortex to teleport to the floor of your choice.
- The item necessary for teleporting can be purchased from NPC Keplon in the Tower of Insolence.
- Swamp of Screams:
- The number of monsters that attack first is increased. As day and night within the game system varies, monsters’ propensity for attacking first varies accordingly.
E. High-Five Other Changes
- Gain more XP by hunting monsters that are level 76 or above.
- The problem of Seed of Annihilation monsters not attacking a Pet or servitor first has been fixed.
- The problem of the corpses of Sel Mahum Recruit and Sel Mahum Soldier occasionally not disappearing at the Sel Mahum Training Grounds has been fixed.
- The problem of the corpses of Labyrinth Captain at Steel Citadel occasionally not disappearing has been fixed.
- The problem of Freya (normal mode) occasionally not using the Eternal Blizzard skill during an Ice Queen’s Castle Raid has been fixed.
- The problem of trying to enter a new Instanced Zone and instead being placed in the Instanced Zone your visited previously has been fixed. The problem of players not receiving the Authority buff after Spike Stakato Queen Shyeed dies and the server is restarted has been fixed.
- The problem of the Fear skill failing to deal the proper effect on Bloody Queen has been fixed.
- The XP reward of Dimensional Rift monsters has increased.
- In the Labyrinth of the Abyss, the level 83 Boss now drops items of a higher level.
- Only characters beyond level 80 can now teleport via Separated Soul NPCs.
2. High Five Quests
Five new quests, including the Embryo Quest, have been added to the Seven Signs quest series to enable you to learn the stories behind the seals.
Players of level 81 and above can accept these quests. These quests reward you with higher EXP, SP, and the Spellbook for level 81:
- Seven Signs, Girl of Doubt: Franz in the secret hideout tells you that the Twilight side has made progress with the Seven Signs Seal, and asks you to find out what they have investigated along with a new ally….
- Seven Signs, Forbidden Book of the Elmore-Aden Kingdom: Solina’s Biography has been discovered in the Library of Sages that you visited according to Elcadia’s information. You realize Embryo is closely related to Saintess Solina….
- Seven Signs, To the Monestary of Silence: Elcadia attempts to get to the true side of Embryo. She is headed to the Monastery of Silence mentioned in Solina’s Biography to find the truth. There, she comes across a person she didn’t expect to see.
- Seven Signs, Solina’s Tomb: Elcadia leaves for Solina’s Tomb to meet Solina in person and to find out the true identity of Embryo. At the end of a grueling journey, they have to face the wicked intentions of Solina…. Who in the world is Embryo?
- Seven Signs, One Who Seeks the Power of the Seal: The time has finally come for the true identity of Embryo! Elcadia managed to get away from a crisis. Experiencing how powerful Embryo actually is, she makes a new pledge….
A. High Five New Quests
- Olympiad Starter (level 75): A daily quest in which you join an Olympiad match and receive rewards.
- Olympiad Veteran (level 75): A daily quest in which you join an Olympiad match (team match, irrelevant match, class match) and receive rewards.
- Olympiad Undefeated (level 75): A daily quest in which you join an Olympiad match, win straight victories and receive rewards.
- Legendary Tales (level 80): A one-off quest where you hunt 7 raid monsters in Dragon Valley and receive rewards
- Wings of Sand (level 80): A daily quest in which you hunt raid monsters in Dragon Valley and receive rewards.
- Tired of Waiting (level 80): A quest in which you deliver Isael Silvershadow’s item to Trader Kitzka in Dragon Valley.
- Don’t Know, Don’t Care (level 80): A daily quest in which you hunt 3 raid monsters in the Antharas’ Lair and receive rewards.
- Cloak Weaved in Spirit – 1 (Zaken Chapter) (level 78): A one-time quest that rewards you with Zaken‘s Spirit Cloak for hunting Zaken.
- Cloak Weaved in Spirit – 2 (Freya Chapter) (level 78): A one-time quest that rewards you with Freya‘s Spirit Cloak for hunting Freya.
- Cloak Weaved in Spirit – 3 (Frintezza Chapter) (level 78): A one-time quest that rewards you with Frintezza‘s Spirit Cloak for hunting Scarlet van Halisha.
B. High-Five Other Changes:
- Antharas’ Lair and Dragon Valleyhave been revamped, and the following quests are no longer available in these zones. You can receive reward items for the existing quests via the News Informer.
- Power of Darkness (level 55)
- Whisper of Dreams – Part 1 (level 56)
- Whisper of Dreams – Part 2 (level 60)
- Antharas’ Lair and Dragon Valley have been revamped, and the monsters for existing quests now show up in the Watcher’s Tomb. To view where quest monsters appear, bring up a map (hot key: Alt+M) and check the quest map-pin on it.
- When accepting a quest, the number of items in the character’s Inventory is examined. The ratio of the number of items is increased from 80% to 90%.
- The Noblesse quest series has been reworked and made easier to complete:
- Possessor of a Precious Soul – 1:
- The acquisition rate of the Malruk Succubus Claw and Scarlet Moss items has increased.
- Monsters that give you Scarlet Moss were changed. Before (Splinter Stakato Drone) Now (Taik Orc Supply Leader – Cemetery)
- The request from the Head Blacksmith in the Town of Goddard, Noel, has been removed and is no longer available.
- Possessor of a Precious Soul – 3:
- The acquisition rate of the Ring of the Goddess: Waterbinder and the Necklace of the Goddess: Evergreen has doubled.
- The process of obtaining the Rain Song Staff of the Goddess has changed as follows:
- Before: Obtain the Rain Song Staff of the Goddess through Barakiel, the Flame of Splendor raid boss.
- Now: Satisfy one of the requirements and the Rain Song Staff of the Goddess is yours.
- Method 1: Obtain the Rain Song Staff of the Goddess through Barakiel, the Flame of Splendor raid boss
- Method 2: Hunt Wailing of Splendor, Fang of Splendor, Crown of Splendor, and Shout of Splendor monsters to collect 100 Fragments of Rain Song Staff of the Goddess.
- Possessor of a Precious Soul – 1:
- The inconvenient process of having to select a dialog window over and over again to receive quest rewards is now gone. See the following list of questswith the updated reward system:
- An Ice Merchant’s Dream
- Gather the Flames
- A Powerful Primeval Creature
- Rise and Fall of the Elroki Tribe
- How to Oppose Evil
- Exploration of the Giants’ Cave – Part 1
- Exploration of the Giants’ Cave – Part 2
- Expulsion of Evil Spirits
- Take Advantage of the Crisis!
- Ghosts of Batur
- Reed Field Maintenance
- For a Good Cause
- While performing the Lost and Found quest, the problem of Gumiel who is needed for completing the quest disappearing has been fixed.